The 36th annual conference of the Marketing Educators’ Association will be held April 19-21 2012 at the Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center hotel in Long Beach, California. The Marketing Educators’ Association will be hosting an outstanding paper award competition and the winner will be considered for publication in the Journal of Marketing Education, the premier journal in the field of marketing education.
The papers should focus on dealing directly with marketing education. Proposals for Special Sessions and conceptual and empirical competitive papers in the following areas are particularly invited:
Marketing Education Issues
1. Measuring student performance.
2. Learning-styles in marketing education, student development, performance and assessment.
3. Computer applications in marketing education.
4. Innovative teaching methods.
Student/Department Development Issues
1. Internships and client-based projects.
2. Placement activities.
3. Alumni relations and fund-raising activities.
4. Community, college and university relations.
5. Developing institutes, centers and interest/advisory groups.
1. Multimedia use in the marketing classroom.
2. Internet discussion groups.
3. The role of new media in marketing efforts.
4. Using the web as a teaching tool.
1. Developing new or interdisciplinary courses.
2. Integrating ethics, management of technology and international issues in the marketing curriculum.
3. Integrating student interpersonal competency development.
4. Responses to evolving AACSB curriculum standards (outcomes measurement).
Faculty Development Issues
1. Faculty development and evaluation.
2. Integrating scholarship and teaching.
3. Balancing research, teaching and service.
Papers should be submitted electronically by October 28, 2011.
All papers are blind-reviewed. Papers should not exceed 12 double-spaced, typed pages not including tables, figures, exhibits, and references. Journal of Marketing Education format should be followed, which can be found here. One or more authors of each accepted paper must attend the conference.
Please send papers via e-mail only in electronic format (Word or rtf) to:
Dr. Deborah Brown McCabe
Vice President and Program Co-Chair
Department of Marketing
For more information about the Conference or the Call for Papers, please follow this link.