Social Science Space wants its members to be aware of potential awards, appointments, and a variety of other opportunities in hopes for better networking and collaboration. Click on a link below to learn more information.
- Science & PINS Prize for Neuromodulation
- is awarded for innovative research that modulates neural activity through physical (electrical, magnetic, optical) stimulation of targeted sites in the nervous system with implications for translational medicine.
- Awarded US$25,000 and publication of his or her essay in Science. The Grand Prize essay and that of the Runner-up are also published on Science Online.
Job & Internship Opportunities
- Funder Collaborative Civic Science Fellow
- The Rita Allen Foundation seek a Civic Science fellow who, through a 12-month fellowship, will help explore a common vision and identify paths forward for collaborative action and impact. We see an opportunity to coordinate our efforts; learn from each other; learn from grantees, partners, and diverse communities; and break down silos or jargon that may separate us.
- Send a cover letter describing your interest in this position, a resume or CV, and a work or writing sample reflecting analysis of themes and opportunities, to email@example.com. Applications received by August 15, 2019, will be given priority.
- SSRC: Social Data Initiative Grant (Rolling Process)
- The Social Science Research Council’s Social Data Initiative is seeking the first requests for proposals for the Social Media and Democracy Research Grants competition. In collaboration with Social Science One, Facebook will make its data available to independent social science researchers for the first time.
- Collecting Social Media Data
- Do you want to utilize social media data in your research? This short course will help you develop the essential knowledge to plan and collect data using social media. The course compiles knowledge from multiple experts and you’ll be guided through by Dr. James Allen-Robertson
- The course takes 1-1.5 hours
- The course will launch in the coming months with more information coming soon, but if you register your interest now, you get the same 25 percent Early Bird discount.
Call For Submissions
If there is a potential opportunity that did not make our list and feel it may fit Social Science Space’s theme, we encourage you to send an email to Philip.firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can put it up as soon as possible.