Sense About Science have launched the new edition of their public guide ‘Making Sense of Chemical Stories’ this week, debunking chemical myths and explaining the chemical realities.
Leading scientists, toxicologists and dieticians explain:
1. You can’t lead a chemical-free life
2. Natural isn’t always good for you and man-made chemicals are not inherently dangerous
3. Synthetic chemicals are not causing many cancers and other diseases
4. ‘Detox’ is a marketing myth
5. We need man-made chemicals
6. We are not just subjects in an unregulated, uncontrolled environment, there are checks in place