The University of South Florida’s 22nd Annual Social Marketing Conference: Ideas Beyond Borders, sponsored by USF Health, kicks off this summer with The Social Marketing Training Academy, a two-day workshop to be held June 13-14 at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater Beach, FL.
Social marketing has potential applications in a wide array of fields such as environmental studies, sustainability, transportation, financial literacy, education, not-for-profit management, labor relations, engineering, public health, and healthcare. All of these and others can benefit from social marketing’s consumer centered, strategic approach to influencing change.
This year’s theme – “Getting Better at Doing Good” – reflects the global reality that government institutions, not-for-profit groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), universities and colleges, and businesses are searching for better ways to improve people’s health, the environment, infrastructures, and social welfare.
The Social Marketing Training Academy will continue its 20-year tradition of training professionals and students new to social marketing and others who want to enhance their understanding of the basic social marketing model.
Upon completion of the Training Academy, participants should be able to:
- Define and list five distinctive features of social marketing;
- Describe the six steps that comprise the social marketing process;
- Articulate the major tasks to be accomplished during the initial planning phase;
- List at least two types of research used to design a social marketing campaign;
- Describe at least two decisions that must be made in developing a campaign strategy; and
- List at least three new professional contacts.
Online registration for The Training Academy and the 22nd Annual Social Marketing Training Academy & Conference: Ideas Beyond Borders is now available! To register, please click here. To view detailed information and download a conference brochure, please follow this link.
Training Academy: June 13-14, 2012
Main Conference: June 15-16, 2012
Sheraton Sand Key Resort
Clearwater Beach, FL
Sponsored by USF Health