The Association for Psychological Science recently debuted their business research blog, Minds for Business, devoted to the study of work and leadership.
It is described as “the indispensable research blog on the science of the modern workplace, covering everything from leadership and management to the behavioral, social, and cognitive dynamics behind performance and achievement. It is for professionals wanting to better understand the behavioral, social and cognitive dynamics that affect their careers, organizations and life satisfaction. Topics include proven negotiation strategies, motivation, effective management practices, optimal team design, gender and racial bias in professional settings and financial judgement.” The blog will feature research from the APS journals, Psychological Science, Current Directions in Psychological Science, Perspectives on Psychological Science, Clinical Psychological Science, and others.
- Cell Phones on Planes? Forget About Getting Work Done
- Ethical Violations: When One Thing Leads to Another
- Beware the Long-Winded Leader
- Work Disputes Less Troubling When They Involve the Job Itself
- Collaboration Can Breed Overconfidence